The information on this site is subject to a disclaimer and a copyright notice.
1.1 General considerations
The Joint Committee (JC) of the European Banking Authority (EBA), the European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (EIOPA) and the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA), together the European Supervisory Authorities (ESAs), serves as a forum in which the ESAs cooperate regularly and closely and ensure cross-sectoral consistency. The JC maintains this website to enhance public access to information about its initiatives. Our goal is to keep this information timely and accurate.
However, the JC accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the information on this site.
This information is:
- of a general nature only and is not intended to address the specific circumstances of any particular individual or entity;
- not necessarily comprehensive, complete, accurate or up to date;
- sometimes linked to external sites over which the JC has no control and for which we assume no responsibility;
- not professional or legal advice (if you need specific advice, you should always consult a suitably qualified professional).
Only the Official Journal of the European Union (its printed edition, or since 1 July 2013 its electronic edition made available on the EUR-Lex website), is authentic. Please note that it cannot be guaranteed that a document available on-line exactly reproduces an officially adopted text.
It is our goal to minimise disruption caused by technical errors. However, some data or information on our website may have been created or structured in files or formats that are not error-free and we cannot guarantee that our service will not be interrupted or otherwise affected by such problems. The JC accepts no responsibility with regard to such problems (e.g. failure of performance, alteration of content) incurred as a result of using this website or any linked external sites.
1.2 Links from JC website to external websites
We provide links to many European Institutions and other sites that are relevant to the JC work. You should be aware of the following:
- The JC is not responsible for the contents of any pages referred to from its website. Linking to other websites should not be taken as an endorsement of any kind by the JC
- If you notice that one of our links is not working, please notify us (at firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will rectify the situation
1.3 Links from external websites to JC website
The JC welcomes links to its website. Any links from external websites to the JC's website is subject to the following cumulative conditions:
- Links can only be made to web pages displaying the JC's legal notice;
- Provided links should not confuse users of the other website as to the source of the content. The JC should fully be acknowledged as a source;
- When the EIOPA website is accessed via an external link, it should be clear to users that they are viewing information that is free of charge and not exclusive;
- Links should not create the impression that the Authority endorses or supports the objectives or contents of the host website or the organisation managing it;
- If links are made from a frames-based website, the contents from the Authority's website should not be framed on that website in a way that might mislead users as to the origin of the contents.
© EBA, EIOPA & ESMA – 2016
2.1 Reproduction of information and documents from JC website
Reproduction for non-commercial purposes of information and documents from the JC website is authorised provided that you acknowledge the JC as the source: "Source: Joint Committee of the European Supervisory Authorities – JC of the ESAs, https://esas-joint-committee.europa.eu".
As a general rule, any reproduction of information and documents from the JC's website carried out in the course of a commercial activity will require the permission of the ESAs.
The JC logos and trademarks are exclusive property of the ESAs. Their use is prohibited without the prior written permission of the JC.
2.2 Third party material
The permission mentioned under Section 2.1 does not apply to third party material. Therefore, for material where copyright is vested in a third party, permission for use and reproduction must be obtained from that third party.